Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Candle believed to have started house fire in McIntosh, MN

MCINTOSH, MINN. -- A house fire in McIntosh, MN is now believed to be caused by a lit candle.

The Polk County Sheriff's Office responded to a reported house fire at 120 1st Street NE in McIntosh on Monday, December 25th.

The fire was in a bedroom of the residence and McIntosh Fire Department was able to extinguish the fire before it spread.

Initial investigation by the Minnesota State Fire Marshall's Office revealed that a lit candle may have been the cause of the fire.

There were no reported injuries.

The case is still under investigation.

Advertisement