Fargo house fire caused from burning cardboard in fireplaceFargo, ND (WDAY TV) - Fire Crews have spent the last hour knocking down a house fire in South Fargo.
By: WDAY Staff Reports , WDAY
Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - Fire Crews have spent the last hour knocking down a house fire in South Fargo.
The fire started when the occupants were burning cardboard in the fireplace, and it got out of control, extending into the chimney and roof of the home.
The two people inside escaped safely.
Along with the heavy smoke, firefighters battled the frigid cold.
Asst. Chief Steve Balstad- Fargo Fire Department: "The cold makes everything a little bit more difficult. It's slippery, of course, for the firefighters. They have to make sure to leave their hose lines running, otherwise they'll freeze up."
Fargo firefighters do not recommend burning cardboard in the fireplace, and say to closely monitor anything you burn.