Moorhead mobile home fireMoorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - In these frigid temps, a family of four is homeless Monday night.
By: WDAY Staff Reports , WDAY
Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - In these frigid temps, a family of four is homeless Monday night.
Around 2 p.m. Monday, their trailer home in Moorhead caught fire.
When fire crews arrived, smoke was billowing. It could be seen for miles. It took several engines and firefighters to put out the fire. Now, the home is deemed a total loss.
Neighbors say the family was trying to thaw frozen pipes, and that's what sparked the disaster.
Mark Lisberg- Neighbor: "Put a Knipco heater underneath the house. The pipes were frozen for a few days, so they put the Knipco underneath the trailer and they got a little bit too close to the insulation and the house caught on fire."
The family, including two children and a baby on the way, will be staying with family for the time being.