INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published December 17, 2013, 06:27 PM

Leaking gasoline causes damage to Fargo garages

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - Leaking gasoline is to blame for a Fargo fire that destroys six garages. Ash and charred remains are all that's left after a blaze broke out in the garages of DeMaio Place Apartments in Fargo.

By: WDAY Staff Reports , WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - Leaking gasoline is to blame for a Fargo fire that destroys six garages.

Ash and charred remains are all that's left after a blaze broke out in the garages of DeMaio Place Apartments in Fargo.

Six units and three vehicles are a complete loss, and four other garages suffered moderate damage.

But luckily no one was injured.

The fire started Monday afternoon when two people were working on a vehicle inside one of the garages.

Gasoline leaked from the car and ignited from an open flame propane heater.

Ryan Erickson/Fargo Fire Inspector: “Fortunately in this case nobody did get hurt. They did get out. That's why it's really important to keep those ignition sources away from you know, everybody uses gasoline so there's a comfort factor with using it so it's still highly flammable.”

Fire officials say if you do keep gasoline in your garage, make sure it's in a sealed container

Tags: