INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published December 12, 2013, 07:14 PM

Fire department determines cause of Moorhead fire

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - Moorhead fire crews say the blaze that broke out near Concordia, started after someone tried to start the fireplace using gasoline. They say the fire that started at 1019 11th Avenue South in Moorhead was their third fire in only thirty hours.

By: WDAY Staff Reports , WDAY

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - Moorhead fire crews say the blaze that broke out near Concordia, started after someone tried to start the fireplace using gasoline.

They say the fire that started at 1019 11th Avenue South in Moorhead was their third fire in only thirty hours.

Two people were inside the home when the fire started around 8:15 Wednesday night, and were able to escape without serious injury.

Fire crews say the main level of their home is severely damaged and say this highlights the dangers of using gas to start a fire.

Chad Stangeland/Moorhead Asst. Fire Marshal: “They shouldn't ever, inside or outside, as gasoline, the vapors can accumulate very fast and you don't know where they are so it can spread very fast throughout the house.”

The family did lose a dog in the fire after first responders' efforts to revive it were unsuccessful.

Tags: