INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published December 12, 2013, 05:18 PM

Moorhead Fire Department find cause of Wednesday night fire

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - The Moorhead Fire Department has figured out the cause of a fire that broke out near Concordia. Firemen say the fire at 1019 11th Avenue South started after someone tried to use gasoline in the fireplace.

By: WDAY Staff Reports , WDAY

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - The Moorhead Fire Department has figured out the cause of a fire that broke out near Concordia.

Firemen say the fire at 1019 11th Avenue South started after someone tried to use gasoline in the fireplace.

They say it was accidental, but caused substantial damage to the main floor of the house.

Two people were inside the home around 8:15 p.m. Wednesday and were able to escape with only minor smoke inhalation injuries.

Their dog was found dead inside.

Chad Stangeland/Moorhead Asst. Fire Marshal: “Highlighting kind of the cautions of gasoline, it's highly flammable, and the vapors ignited and causing the room to be fully involved with the fire.”

Moorhead Fire officials say this was their third fire in only thirty hours, but all were unrelated.

Tags: