INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published October 30, 2013, 05:22 PM

Faulty furnace spreads carbon monoxide in Fargo apartment building

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - It was a close call this morning for residents of a Fargo apartment building - after what's thought to be a faulty furnace spread carbon monoxide into their apartments.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - It was a close call this morning for residents of a Fargo apartment building - after what's thought to be a faulty furnace spread carbon monoxide into their apartments.

Authorities say it happened just before seven at 1525 University Drive North.

Crews found high levels of Co, and told residents to evacuate the building.

One man was found sleeping in a basement apartment.

Tim Binfet, Fargo Police Captain: “High enough to the point where if people wouldn't have left it was high enough to cause injury or death within too long of a time.”

Captain Binfet suggests buying a carbon monoxide detector to keep your family safe.

He says if you already own one, be sure to check the batteries.

Tags: