INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published October 01, 2013, 05:20 PM

Minnesota toddler fighting for his life after biting into Tide pod

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - A Hitterdal, Minnesota toddler is in intensive care, after biting into a Tide pod.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - A Hitterdal, Minnesota toddler is in intensive care, after biting into a Tide pod.

Alexander Rohde just turned one, a week ago.

Saturday, he was life flighted to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.

Family members say he bit into a Tide pod thinking it was a treat.

He was poisoned by the liquid detergent inside.

He started throwing up and soon could not breathe.

Now, Alexander is sedated and on breathing tubes, fighting to hold on, but not making any progress.

Michelle Klienschmidt- Alexander’s mother: “Right at the moment he is having some difficulties. He is on the ventilator and hopefully going to come off soon, but they can't say when. He just needs a lot of help.”

9,500 children under the age of five have come in contact or swallowed the pods since 2012.

If you'd like to help the family, you can donate at any Gate City Bank.

Tags: