Fire shuts down Burger King in north FargoFARGO – Fire shut down the Burger King restaurant early Friday here at 1333 19th Ave. N.
By: Forum News Service, INFORUM, Forum News Service
FARGO – Fire shut down the Burger King restaurant early Friday here at 1333 19th Ave. N.
According to a report from Assistant Fire Chief Larry Shue:
Two employees were in the restaurant when the fire started about 5:45 a.m. in the fryer area of the business.
The workers activated an automatic fire extinguishing system that uses dry chemicals, but it wasn’t enough to douse the blaze.
The workers then called 911 and got out of the building.
Arriving firefighters could see flames coming out of vents on the roof.
However, after putting out the grease fire with fire extinguishers, a check of the attic space showed no structural damage.
Shue said the business had a big cleanup job on its hands, but he said it would likely be able to reopen once that is completed.