INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published August 19, 2013, 06:20 PM

Gas leak leads to evacuation of Fargo assisted living center

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - There was a gas leak at an assisted living center in Fargo on Monday. Emergency responders say they arrived to find 15 foot flames shooting from New Horizons Manor.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - There was a gas leak at an assisted living center in Fargo on Monday. Emergency responders say they arrived to find 15 foot flames shooting from New Horizons Manor.

The flames only lasted a few minutes, but after the fire was out gas kept leaking from the LPG tank. That's when rescue teams evacuated people living in the manor, many of them wheelchair bound and disabled. No one was hurt, but tenants did have to bear the summer heat, which officials say could be the cause of the fire.

Norman Scott - Fargo Fire Marshal: "The heat and the sun caused it to vent and possibly that was the reason for the incident."

The fire did not cause any damage to the building.

Tags: