INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published August 09, 2013, 07:32 PM

Fire serves as a reminder to prevent electrical fires

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV)-- The Moorhead Fire Department is reminding you not to use multi-plug adapters, or plug multiple appliances into a single outlet.

By: WDAY, WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV)-- The Moorhead Fire Department is reminding you not to use multi-plug adapters, or plug multiple appliances into a single outlet.

The cause of Sunday's fire at 3806 Village Green Drive was electrical. Officials say overheated electrical wires from a series of extension cords and power strips plugged into a single circuit, sparked the blaze. Damages are estimated at 105,000 dollars.

Earlier that day, firefighters battled a garage fire at 1703 33rd street south. Flames and smoke damaged the garage and the house. Damage is estimated at 85,000 dollars.

A cause has not been determined.

Tags: