INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published July 30, 2013, 08:34 AM

Moorhead house fire causes $5,000 in damage; family of four unhurt

MOORHEAD – A family of four escaped a house fire relatively unscathed Monday evening, according to a news release from Chad Stangeland, assistant Moorhead fire marshal.

MOORHEAD – A family of four escaped a house fire relatively unscathed Monday evening, according to a news release from Chad Stangeland, assistant Moorhead fire marshal.

A child in the family heard a pop and noticed sparks in his bedroom about 5:56 p.m., the release stated. The family was inside the home at the time and was able to escape.

One person was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation, the release stated.

When they arrived on the scene, fire crews found a mattress on fire and extinguished it. The fire damage was contained to the bedroom.

It was determined to be an electrical fire caused by an electrical short, the release stated.

There was about $5,000 worth of damage done to the house, based on a preliminary estimate, said Moorhead Fire Capt. Dave Allen.

Tags: