INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published July 29, 2013, 09:38 PM

Moorhead home damaged by early evening fire

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - A Moorhead man suffered smoke inhalation tonight, after his home erupted in flames.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV)-- A Moorhead man suffered smoke inhalation tonight, after his home erupted in flames.

Firefighters were called to the 500 block of 18th Street North just before six. Neighbors say they heard loud booms or pops.

Four people escaped the fire, which was contained to a bedroom in front of the home. A good portion of the home does have smoke damage.

Assistant Chief Jeff Wallin - Moorhead Fire Department: "There were flames in the bedroom but it didn't extend beyond that. Once that was extinguished and they ventilated the bedroom it looks like they have things pretty well under control."

Officials say it could be an electrical fire, but it is unclear at this time.

Tags: