Stain rags said to start Moorhead business fireMoorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - New information tonight on the cause of a fire at a Moorhead cabinet making business.
By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY
Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - New information tonight on the cause of a fire at a Moorhead cabinet making business.
Fire investigators today say the fire started when stain rags spontaneously combusted. Crews fought the fire at Mill Creek Custom Cabinets in South Moorhead last Friday morning.
Officials say the stain rags were in a plastic garbage can near a saw in a woodcutting area of the shop. It appeared the fire burned most of the night.
A damage estimate is still being calculated but the owner said it will be well over a million dollars. He has vowed to rebuild.