INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published March 19, 2013, 06:39 PM

Fire crews respond to early morning gas leak

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - A south Fargo gas leak is serving as a dangerous reminder for people to clean off snow from their meters. Fire crews and Xcel energy were on scene this morning at 3310 Fiechtner Drive.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - A south Fargo gas leak is serving as a dangerous reminder for people to clean off snow from their meters. Fire crews and Xcel energy were on scene this morning at 3310 Fiechtner Drive.

Fire officials say heavy snow on top of the building's gas meter broke a pipe off inside of the wall, causing gas to leak inside. They say by the time they arrived, gas levels were so high the building could have exploded.

Six people working there evacuated.

Tags: