INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published February 25, 2013, 05:12 PM

Moorhead firefighters find cause to Saturday apartment fire

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - Firefighters say a cooktop range accidentally turned on was the cause of an apartment fire in Moorhead that sent two people to the hospital.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) - Firefighters say a cooktop range accidentally turned on was the cause of an apartment fire in Moorhead that sent two people to the hospital.

It started in the kitchen of a third floor apartment in Park View Terrace around 11 Saturday morning. A portable radio left on the stove caught fire because the burner was accidentally turned on.

Fire damage was contained to one unit, but there's smoke damage to much of the building. Two people were treated for smoke inhalation.

Tags: