INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published April 01, 2011, 03:39 PM

North Grand Forks House Fire Investigation Complete

The Grand Forks Fire Department says an electrical outlet on the outside of the house caused a north Grand Forks house fire earlier this week.

The Grand Forks Fire Department says an electrical outlet on the outside of the house caused a north Grand Forks house fire earlier this week.

The fire happened at 925 North 3rd St. on Tuesday.

The house is a total loss.

The Fire Department says the outlet was mounted by a backyard deck and had become corroded by exposure to natural elements.

This corrosion caused an electrical arc, which ignited the siding of the house and the deck.

Four people and a few dogs were able to escape without injuries.

The Fire Department would like to remind residents to check to make sure smoke alarms are in working order.

Tags: