Crews think a cigarette started a deck fire in downtown FargoFargo, ND (WDAY TV) -- A reminder from the fire department tonight, after an early morning deck fire in downtown Fargo.
By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY
Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) -- A reminder from the fire department tonight, after an early morning deck fire in downtown Fargo.
A deck on this apartment building, in the 11-hundred block of 1st Avenue North started on fire about 5:30 this morning. An eyewitness called it in.
Crews were quickly able to put the fire out. There is moderate damage to the side of the building. Damage is estimated between 2 and 5-thousand dollars. Crews think a cigarette started it.
No one was injured.
The fire department says make sure you use an approved non-combustible container to discard your smoking materials. Potted plants, plastic containers and coffee cans should not be used.