INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published October 10, 2012, 05:13 PM

Keller Williams and Roers Realty use chili to support Homeless and Hungry

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - It was comfort food at its best. People dug into crockpots full of piping hot chili this morning.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - It was comfort food at its best. People dug into crockpots full of piping hot chili this morning.

Keller Williams and Roers Realty hosted a chili feed to support Homeless and Hungry.

Dozens of people brought in pots brimming full with special chili recipes.

Volunteers are hoping to raise ten thousand dollars, to help local homeless people.

Erik Hatch, Keller Williams Roers Realty: "80 percent goes to the shelters that house people, then there are great places like the Salvation Army, Sharehouse, that sort of thing, that don't house people but do a wonderful job as well, so they get the other 20 percent."

About 1,500 people in the F-M area are homeless.

Tags: