INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published March 07, 2011, 02:48 PM

Cause of Fatal Grand Forks House Fire Determined

The Grand Forks Fire Department concluded its investigation on the house fire at 443 Campbell Drive on Friday, February 25.

By: WDAZ Staff Reports, WDAZ

The Grand Forks Fire Department concluded its investigation on the house fire at 443 Campbell Drive on Friday, February 25.

The fire was started due to a person falling asleep in bed with a cigarette, which ignited the mattress. When firefighters arrived, no smoke alarms could be heard at the residence. One smoke alarm was located in the home.

Teresa Numedahl died in the fire.

The Grand Forks Fire Department urges residents and business owners to make sure their smoke detectors are in good working order. Smoke detectors have a useful life of 7-10 years and should be replaced after that.

Tags: