INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published September 27, 2012, 06:10 PM

A Clay County man accused of sexual assault posts bail

Clay County (WDAY TV) -- A Clay County prosecutor says she's disappointed a man accused of sexual assault has posted bail.

Clay County (WDAY TV) -- A Clay County prosecutor says she's disappointed a man accused of sexual assault has posted bail.

He got out of jail, for a 10th of the cost the prosecutor felt he should

have to post.

Clay County Prosecutor Pam Harris told me this afternoon, 2 things she's worried about -- the public being in danger, and this man having the resources to flee the area.

46 year old Richard Haaland is charged with 1st degree criminal sexual conduct, accused of assaulting a woman in the early morning hours of September 6th.

Haaland previously was convicted of rape in Becker County, and also has drug charges on his record.

Harris asked bail be 1-million dollars. The judge set it at 500-thousand dollars or 100-thousand with conditions.

Harris says, "I don't agree with it if I agreed with 100-thousand that's what I would have requested I wanted a million."

With posting the 100-thousand dollar bond, Halaand has to stay within Minnesota or Cass County North Dakota. He can't drink or do drugs. Be a law abiding citizen and cannot have contact with the victim in this case.

Tags: