INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published September 16, 2012, 11:02 AM

Barbecue grill suspected cause of Fargo house fire

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Authorities suspect that an unattended barbecue grill was the cause of a house fire in Fargo that caused about $50,000 in damage.

FARGO, N.D. (AP) — Authorities suspect that an unattended barbecue grill was the cause of a house fire in Fargo that caused about $50,000 in damage.

The Forum reports that a pedestrian noticed flames in the back of the house and called 911 Saturday morning.

The fire started on a deck behind the house. Authorities are looking into the possibility that the fire may have been caused by the improper use of a gas grill that had been used Friday night.

The fire department says the house had no working smoke detectors and was not protected by a residential sprinkler system.

Four people were renting the house but were unable to stay there due to the damage.

Tags: