INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published September 15, 2012, 10:05 AM

Fargo house fire causes about $50,000 in damage

FARGO – A fire this morning caused about $50,000 in damage here, but caused no injuries, according to a press release from the Fargo Fire Department.

FARGO – A fire this morning caused about $50,000 in damage here, but caused no injuries, according to a press release from the Fargo Fire Department.

The Fire Department responded to the 1225 5th S. N. fire at 2:16 a.m.

Someone walking down the street noticed the flames in the back of the house and called 911, the release states.

There were four people renting the house. Because of the damage, they are unable to stay there and found housing with friends and relatives.

Fargo Police, F-M Ambulance and the Salvation Army assisted on the sce-ne.

The fire originated on the deck behind the house. Authorities are looking into the possibility that the fire may have been caused by the improper use of a gas grill because the grill had been used earlier in the evening.

There were no working smoke detectors present and the house was not protected with a residential sprinkler system. Fargo Fire encourages everyone to make sure they have working smoke detectors.

Tags: