No injuries in Fargo fire that caused estimated $20,000 of damageFARGO – The Fargo Fire Department responded to a report of smoke but no flames in a south Fargo house this morning.
FARGO – The Fargo Fire Department responded to a report of smoke but no flames in a south Fargo house this morning.
They responded at 1:52 a.m. to 3508 11th St. S., where the homeowner said there was smoke in the basement and first floor, according to a release from the fire department.
No one was injured in the fire.
During investigation, a smoldering fire was discovered on the deck that had burned into the siding and floor joists of the house. The fire was quickly extinguished.
The homeowner said at 8 p.m. he arrived home to a small fire burning in a plastic flowerpot on his deck. Other occupants of the home said they had discarded cigarettes in the flowerpot earlier. All occupants then left home and returned around 1:30 a.m. to smoke alarms going off. They then shut off the electricity to the house.
Damages are estimate at $20,000, the release stated.