INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published August 24, 2012, 04:35 PM

Man behind Norway's massacre apologizes

Norway (WDAY TV) -- The man behind last year's massacre in Norway that left 77 people dead says his only apology is to other militant nationalists, that he "wasn't able to execute more."

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Norway (WDAY TV) -- The man behind last year's massacre in Norway that left 77 people dead says his only apology is to other militant nationalists, that he "wasn't able to execute more."

The defiant statement from Anders Breivik marked the end of a legal process that has haunted Norway for 13 months. Breivik today was declared sane enough to be held criminally responsible.

Neither he nor prosecutors will appeal.

Breivik was sentenced to "preventive detention," meaning it's unlikely he will ever be released. Most of his victims were teens at a youth camp.

Tags: