INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published August 03, 2012, 04:40 PM

Asst. Fargo Fire Chief speaks about last night's grease fire

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) -- A grease fire last night caused 85 thousand dollars in damages and put several people out of their home.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) -- A grease fire last night caused 85 thousand dollars in damages and put several people out of their home.

It happened at 8:30 at 810 2nd street north in Fargo. Heavy smoke and fire were coming from the basement windows of the home that's been converted into three apartments.

The basement renter was cooking chicken on the stove top, when the fire spread. There's fire damage to the wall space on the main and second floors, and smoke damage to the entire building.

Leroy Skarloken, Asst. Fargo Fire Chief, says, "obviously you know we always have to be careful with cooking fires, it's one of our top causes of fires in houses is cooking fires, so it is always a good idea to make sure that you're watching whatever you're cooking and have a fire extinguisher handy in the kitchen area."

Tags: