INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published August 03, 2012, 08:49 AM

Fire damages Fargo apartment

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - No one was injured, but a cat and dog had to be rescued from an apartment fire Thursday night.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - No one was injured, but a cat and dog had to be rescued from an apartment fire Thursday night. The blaze broke out at 810 2nd street north around 8:30. It's a house broken up into three apartments.

Firefighters quickly put out the flames and ventilated the home. A male was cooking in the basement. It appears he set some nearby combustibles on fire. The man was the only one inside and got out safely.

Norm Scott – Fargo Fire Marshall: “First crew noticed smoke and fire coming out of the basement window on the south side of the building and also some heavy black smoke coming out of the north door.”

There is heavy smoke damage inside the apartments. Damage estimates aren't known. The Red Cross is helping with temporary housing.

Tags: