INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published April 11, 2012, 02:04 PM

Towel left on heater causes small fire at Fargo apartment

FARGO – Tenants in a south Fargo apartment building got an early wake-up call this morning when a smoldering towel set off fire alarms. Firefighters were called at 3:45 a.m. to the building at 3334 15th Ave. S.

By: Forum staff reports, INFORUM

FARGO – Tenants in a south Fargo apartment building got an early wake-up call this morning when a smoldering towel set off fire alarms.

Firefighters were called at 3:45 a.m. to the building at 3334 15th Ave. S.

Assistant Fire Chief LeRoy Skarloken said the towel had been left on an electric baseboard heater. The towel smoldered and scorched the linoleum on the bathroom floor, he said.

There was some smoke odor, but no smoke damage, to the apartment unit, Skarloken said.

Tenants were allowed back into the building as soon as firefighters discovered the nature of the fire, he said.

Tags: