Fargo Fire Department: Cigarettes likely cause of three Deck FiresFARGO, N.D. – The Fargo Fire Department responded to three deck fires overnight, according to a statement released this morning.
FARGO, N.D. – The Fargo Fire Department responded to three deck fires overnight, according to a statement released this morning.
"The fires were considered small and damage was minimal," the release said. "The cause of the deck fires is most likely due to smoking materials."
The release offered the following warnings/recommendations:
• It is essential to watch that ashes do not drop where they are not wanted, but also that cigarettes are disposed of properly.
• The fire department asks that if you smoke, to please be diligent with the extinguishment of smoking materials.
• If you have a balcony apartment, be watchful of what is below you. • Invest in a container for proper disposal. Plastic containers, containers without lids, and some flower potting materials are not good ashtrays.