INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published March 10, 2012, 04:14 PM

Gas Leak Worries Wrestling Tournament Fans

Casselton, ND (WDAY TV) -- A gas leak in Casselton had hundreds of fans worried a wrestling tournament would be cancelled.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

Casselton, ND (WDAY TV) -- A gas leak in Casselton had hundreds of fans worried a wrestling tournament would be cancelled.

Firefighters were called out to Central Cass School around noon. Someone had complained of a strong gas odor. A wrestling tournament was going on, inside the building, when the call came in. Crews found a leak from a propane tank in storage room.

Adrian Kieffer with the Casselton Fire Dept. says, "it is designed to hold tanks and it was overfull and as it heated up during the day here it blew off its relief valve and ultimately everything did what it was suppose to do. It kept the gas out of the building."

The building did not have to be evacuated. Some students complained of headaches, but were fine once they got outside.

Tags: