INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published March 09, 2012, 10:02 AM

1-year-old treated for burns from water pipe

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A 1-year-old child suffered burns when a hot water pipe burst as he slept in his crib in a St. Paul apartment.

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A 1-year-old child suffered burns when a hot water pipe burst as he slept in his crib in a St. Paul apartment.

First responders were called to the apartment Thursday where the child had suffered burns to his face and legs. His mother, Askal Temanu (ah-SKAL too-MAHN'-oo) says she woke up to what sounded like rain and soon discovered the large hole above her son's crib where the pipe burst.

The boy's parents want to know how such a thing could have happened. But, Temanu says she's grateful her son is back home after being treated and will be OK.

KSTP-TV (http://bit.ly/vZsTeO ) reports the Sibley Manor apartment building passed a city inspection four years ago and is due for another one next year.

Tags: