INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published January 12, 2012, 05:10 AM

Moorhead Firefighters Revive Dog After House Fire

Moorhead, Minn. (WDAY TV) - Moorhead Firefighters say a family is lucky no one was hurt in an early morning house fire. Firefighters got the call about 3-30 this morning.

Moorhead, Minn. (WDAY TV) - Moorhead Firefighters say a family is lucky no one was hurt in an early morning house fire. Firefighters got the call about 3-30 this morning.

The home belongs to Ruth and Merlin Lofgren. It's on 32nd street right by Village Green Golf Course. Firefighters say the couple's son lit a candle, then fell asleep before putting it out. Ruth was the first to wake up and got everyone out safely.

JEFF WALLIN - Assistant Fire Chief of Moorhead: “In most of the cases where we've seen candle fires, that you light it with the best of attentions and end up going to bed later and forgetting about it and it causes a problem as it burns.”

Firefighters found an unresponsive dog inside the home. They revived it by using an oxygen mask.

Tags: