INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published October 09, 2011, 10:14 PM

Fire prevention weeek kicks off with an open house in Moorhead

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) -- People in Moorhead are getting a hands on lesson in fire safety.

Moorhead, MN (WDAY TV) -- People in Moorhead are getting a hands on lesson in fire safety. The fire department opened its doors to families during an open house for fire prevention week. Visitors had a chance to see how quickly a kitchen can go up in flames during a gas fire, learned how to escape a house fire, and took a tour of the station. Officials hope these demonstrations save lives. Tim Mclean of the Casselton Fire Department says, “You never could imagine how fast this fire went, if it wasn't for the smoke detectors we'd probably have some fatalities.” Martin's Lutheran Church has set up a fund, at Wells Fargo in Casselton, to help the Poitra family. The cause of that fire isn't known.

Tags: