INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published September 27, 2011, 06:59 PM

Science experiment forces Davies evacuation

Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - A science experiment gone wrong caused students at Davies to be evacuated for nearly an hour.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

A science experiment gone wrong caused students at Davies to be evacuated for nearly an hour. Just before two this afternoon, fire crews were called to Davies High School. Firefighters say there was a chemical reaction in a science classroom that created some smoke. That caused the fire alarms to go off, sending more than 1,000 students outside for 40 minutes.

Captain Mike Hendrickson – Fargo Fire Department: “They had some type of chain reaction that caused a little flash fire, a little heat to generate which caused the melting of the container and some smoke.”

School officials say there was no damage to the building, or any injuries.

Tags: