INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published August 27, 2011, 12:42 PM

St. Paul woman dies after cooking fire breaks out

ST. PAUL, Minn. — A St. Paul woman has died in a cooking fire at her apartment.

ST. PAUL, Minn. — A St. Paul woman has died in a cooking fire at her apartment.

Fire officials say 75-year-old Willie Coleman was burned when a pan of grease caught fire on her stove at her apartment Friday evening. St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard says the woman apparently was trying to move the flaming pan when her clothes caught fire. She suffered burns on her upper body.

The Star Tribune says she was rushed to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, where she died several hours later.

Tags: