INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published May 09, 2011, 01:23 PM

Fatal accident case to remain in juvenile court

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - Prosecutors at Fargo say a judge denied their request to try a juvenile driver in adult court for a fatal traffic accident last fall.

The Oct. 16 accident in Fargo killed a 17-year-old passenger in

the vehicle. The Cass County State's Attorney's office said it hasn't decided whether it will appeal the judge's denial of its transfer motion.

Prosecutors said earlier this year that the driver was charged in juvenile court with manslaughter, aggravated reckless driving, and alcohol violations.

Tags: