Fund accepting donations to help residents displaced by "Galleria on 42nd" fireThe United Way of Cass-Clay has established a long-term recovery fund for people affected by the “Galleria on 42nd” fire Monday in south Fargo.
By: Forum staff reports, INFORUM
The United Way of Cass-Clay has established a long-term recovery fund for people affected by the “Galleria on 42nd” fire Monday in south Fargo.
There are three ways people can give to the recovery fund:
- Online: Log on to the www.unitedwaycassclay.org web site and click on the “Donate Now” link
- Phone: Call (701) 237-5050 to donate with a credit card
- Mail: Send checks to United Way of Cass-Clay, PO Box 1609, Fargo, ND 58103-1609. Make checks payable to United Way of Cass-Clay and indicate “42nd Street Apartment Fire” in the memo.
The fund is designed to address unmet needs remaining after insurance claims have been processed. Unmet needs will be verified by case managers specializing in disaster recovery. Funds will be distributed using a needs-based assessment process.
The United Way will collaborate with Lutheran Social Services of North Dakota’s Lutheran Disaster Response and North Dakota State University’s Department of Emergency Management to manage funds and distribute as needed.
The Shepherd of the Prairie Church in Fargo is now accepting donations
- The public can drop off donation items between 9 am and 8 pm
- Church is located at 6151 25th St. S in Fargo
- Contact number: 701-235-5711
- Accepting clothing, household goods, furniture, hygiene products, children's items.
- In need of volunteers to staff the donation site.