13-year old is hospitalized after spending the day drinking with friendsWest Fargo, ND (WDAY TV) - A troubling story out of West Fargo. A 13-year old girl was hospitalized with alcohol poisoning after spending the day drinking with friends.
By: Todd Kurtz, WDAY
The teenagers told police that they got their hands on the alcohol by taking it from a random open car. They then brought the alcohol to this apartment behind me and began drinking. Police say the apartment at 524 6th Street east belongs to one of the teenager’s parents.
Police say the group of 4 was drinking for most of yesterday. They were notified by a concerned father around 5:30. He picked up his daughter and was taking her to the hospital. He told police she was unresponsive and vomiting.
"Young people, with the different flavors of alcohol and mixing them and the high percentage of hard liquors, don't know really what the effect is going to be on them."
Police say no one in the group has been charged but all of them could be cited for minor and consumption. The girl who was hospitalized was released today.