6-week recovery likely for Moorhead boy burned while trying to light a grillMoorhead, Minn. (WDAY TV) - The 12-year-old Moorhead boy badly burned while trying to light a grill with gasoline will likely be in the hospital for 6 weeks.
Devan Vanbrunt's father, Bill Smith, says the boy is recovering at Region's Hospital in St. Paul. Doctors say Vanbrunt has burns over 40-percent of his body; the worst of them on his right arm and thigh. He'll likely need skin grafting surgery.
Meantime, an initial autopsy report isn't shedding any light on what killed 21-year-old Dane Tvedt, a neighbor who tried to help Vanbrunt after the explosion.
Tvedt collapsed while running into the Smith's yard. Moorhead Police say it will likely be a few months until a full autopsy report is finished.