INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published January 29, 2010, 02:47 PM

Body found in western Minn. house fire identified

DALTON, Minn. (AP) - Authorities have identified the man found in a burned home in rural Dalton in western Minnesota earlier this week.

DALTON, Minn. (AP) - Authorities have identified the man found in a burned home in rural Dalton in western Minnesota earlier this week. He's 28-year-old Michael P. Jacobs.

KBRF-AM reports an autopsy determined that Jacobs died of carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of the fire.

The Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office says the fire was reported at the home along County Highway 82 about 1 a.m. Thursday.

The body was found inside. The home was a total loss. Authorities are saying the cause of the fire was accidental.

This is the second fatal fire in the county in the past two weeks. A man died in a home fire in Parkers Prairie on Jan. 19.

Tags: