Hazen rink tests high for carbon monoxideHAZEN, N.D. (AP) — Some participants became ill at a hockey camp in Hazen where carbon monoxide levels tested unusually high.
HAZEN, N.D. (AP) — Some participants became ill at a hockey camp in Hazen where carbon monoxide levels tested unusually high.
Officials have not directly linked the illnesses to the carbon monoxide, which has been linked in other rinks to fumes leaked by ice resurfacing machines.
Hazen winter sports director Joe Amundson says some people at the camp suffered headaches. Dickinson parent Scott Karsky says he pulled three players from the camp last week after they vomited.
Amundson says the rink was evacuated for a time until the building tested safe.
He says the rink plans to add ventilation and buy a carbon monoxide detector to prevent similar incidents in the future.