INFORUM.com | WDAZ.com

WDAY: The News Leader

Published April 30, 2012, 04:50 PM

GF Fire Department: Smoking Materials Caused Tuesday House Fire

GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - The Grand Forks Fire Department says a house fire last week that injured two people and caused around $135,000 in damage was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials.

By: WDAZ Staff Report, WDAZ

GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - The Grand Forks Fire Department says a house fire last week that injured two people and caused around $135,000 in damage was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials.

The fire at 3521 11th Avenue N. started around 2:39 a.m. in the living room area. All four occupants were able to get out of the home. Two were taken to the hospital for injuries.

Fire Department officials say the home did not have working smoke detectors.

Fire safety reminders:

1) Use care when using smoking materials.

2) Ensure there are working smoke alarms in the home.

3) Sleep with the bedrooms doors closed.

Tags: