Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Smoke Forces Fargo Gas Station Evacuation

Email News Alerts

A popular restaurant and gas station had to be evacuated this morning after smoke filled the building.

The Fargo Fire Department says a power outage caused some sort of electrical problem at the Flying "J" on 32nd Avenue,

Advertisement
Advertisement

generating the smoke.

People were eating in the Huddle House restaurant when smoke appeared.

At the same time, the nearby Windbreak Bar also had a smoke problem, this time from an A-C unit on the roof.

No one was in the Windbreak, and no one from either incident was injured.

"It's possible that the rooftop unit from the windbreak was due to the power outage. We're not sure what caused it exactly," said Fargo Fire Department Battalion Chief Tim Binfet.

The smoke stopped quickly since a fire truck was passing by the area at the time of the alarm.

Advertisement
Brian Abel
Brian joined WDAZ in October of 2014, after reporting and anchoring at WDAY in Fargo since October 2013. He currently co-anchors the 6 and 10pm WDAZ News weekdays, and co-anchors the Saturday 6 and 10pm WDAY/WDAZ simulcast news. He was born and raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan and graduated from Western Michigan University with a degree in Journalism. Brian has traveled across the country as a spokesperson for the automotive industry. He has also lived in Los Angeles, working in entertainment before pursuing his career in broadcasting. It’s experiences like these that give him a unique perspective when reporting. Brian is a Michigan Wolverines fan with an avid interest in politics and golf.  He is thrilled to be sharing stories with the Greater Grand Forks community working at WDAZ and looks forward to hearing any of your comments, concerns and story ideas.
(616) 821-3062
Advertisement
Advertisement